Monday, December 10, 2007

Phase Two

I had a big scare recently. I have a digital camera. Until recently, all of the significant events of the past few years are stored on the card of that camera. All of the birthdays. The baptisms of both girls. All of the pictures from when Hilton was born. His first steps. Pictures of the kids in Bluebonets. Christmas for the last three years.

One of my co-workers recently had his camera stolen. I thought about what that we mean to us. Jeanette and I talked about it. We decided to get an external hard drive to save our pictures and music.

I cut and pasted all of the pictures from the card to a flash drive. The only pictures left on the camera card were for work.

The next day I bought the 250 GB external hard drive.

Jeanette had been asking me when I was going to work on my blog. I could not find the flash drive. I thought it was in the car. I tore it apart. No flash drive. I went through out the house looking for it. No flash drive. I was even dreaming looking for it. Finally, after days of searching and prayers, I asked my co-workers if they had seen one.

Turns out, I left it in one of their computers. Needles to say, Jeanette is now backing up the pictures.

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

You forgot to mention the many evenings we put the kids to bed and tore the house up looking for that drive-including last night 'til midnight :)